KENNEDY FLAG FOOTBALL INFORMATION
Football begins on Monday, August 23
Checklist/information for joining.
- Sign up for Flag Football using this link. (also available on the KJHS website)
- Be sure to have a current physical on file in the health office- an athlete may not participate without a current physical. They are good for one calendar year.
- Fee $50 Checks payable to NCUSD 203
- Turn in an emergency card. This will be kept in our medkits, so we need a new copy for each sport.
- Football shoes must have a molded bottom with no metal.
- Mouthpieces are encouraged, but not mandatory.
- 7 v 7 rules will be used this season (no blocking)
- Flags will be used this year.
- We will issue game jerseys and helmets.
- Buses will transport athletes to away games. Parents may provide transportation if prior arrangements have been made with the coaches.
Health and Safety Rules for this season:
- Masks must be worn while in the building and on buses. For practices and games, we will follow health and safety guidelines which may change throughout the season. For now, masks are not required while outside.
- Spectators are allowed to watch games.
- Water bottles are the responsibility of each athlete and may not be shared. Students need to bring enough water to last the entire practice/game. There will not be an opportunity to refill bottles at school.
Practices and Game expectations, Times and Locations
Practices will be held at KJHS each day after school from 3 to 4:30.
Please pick up your child promptly after practice. Players are expected to be at ALL practices, meetings, and games. Coaches reserve the right to hold players out of games who have not met the requirements of being at practices. The chance for someone to be injured from improper or lack of conditioning increases when athletes miss practice.
The season will consist of 7 on 7 competitions, similar to what is done at the high school level. The student-athletes will have the opportunity to play eight games against the other 203 junior high schools. There will be playoffs after the regular season to determine the conference champion.
Home games will be held at KJHS. Away games are held at the grounds of the host school. They generally begin at 4:00 pm and last about an hour or so.
We need parent volunteers to help with the down marker on the sideline at each of the home games. Please see the level coach for more details.
Thank you in advance for the support of the program and your players,
The KJHS Football Staff
7th Grade Mr. Wainwright, Mr. Bajek & Miss Monyek
8th Grade Mr. Murray & Mrs. Beck-Wojtkiewicz
Printable version of this information click here