Facilities: Making Space for Learning
9/12/2013 Dates: Wednesday, Sept. 18 @ 7 pm - NCHS and Thursday, Sept. 19 @ 8:30 am - Grace United Methodist
Success has been “redefined” for 21st century learners. Expectations for programs and services have evolved and technology capabilities are continually changing. Future Focus 203 will look next at our facilities and their alignment with future educational needs.
As we look at the spaces where learning takes place, consider the following questions:
• How efficiently is your school building being used?
• Are activities compromised by space?
• Do adjacencies inhibit delivery?
• Is instruction program driven or capacity driven?
• Are student opportunities impacted?
• Are tech tools effectively utilized for learning? teaching?
• Are the learning environments equitable?
• Do spaces support development of 21st century skills?
• Is the application of technology in learning affected by the facility itself?
The next future focus session will explore how our facilities are designed and maintained to meet the evolving and changing expectations and needs for 21st century learners. Join the conversation on Wednesday, September 18 at NCHS from 7-9 pm. A morning session is scheduled for Thursday, September 19 at Grace United Methodist Church, 8:30-10:30 am.
TAKE 20 SECONDS - TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD
1. Click on the FACEBOOK link above
2. LIKE "Future Focus 203"
3. SHARE and INVITE your friends
Back to List