Indicator CL7: The environment of the school (physical, social, emotional, and behavioral) is safe, welcoming, and conducive to learning.
- Redefine SOAR.
- Conduct Nurtured Heart training.
- Conduct Nurtured Heart instructional rounds
- Create and administer Social Emotional Survey for staff and students.
- Share “socio-grams” each semester.
- Teachers will share how SOAR/Nurtured Heart is implemented in classroom.
- Create an After-School sports program for 4th and 5th grade boys.
- Continue to implement “Club Flare.”
Indicator IIC01: Units of instruction include specific learning activities aligned to objectives.
- Update the PLC guide.
- Train and model for staff in the use of PLC guide.
- Create a shared location for housing PLC guides and email PLC agenda’s prior to meetings
- Conduct instructional rounds with a focus on learning targets
Indicator IIIA06: All teachers test frequently using a variety of evaluation methods and maintain a record of the results.
- Create a grade level chart identifying high leverage CCSS which includes assessment windows based on the district supplement in Math.
- In Math, grade levels will determine specific evidence for each high leverage power standard that demonstrates mastery.
- Create grade level chart identifying Power Standards/CCSS which includes assessment windows based on the district supplement in Literacy.
- In Literacy, grade levels will determine evidence for each high leverage/power standard that demonstrates mastery.
- Provide samples of Reading Conference Forms.
- Provide Professional Development in effective implementation and use of running records.
Indicator IID08: Instructional Teams review student learning data (academic, physical, social, emotional, behavioral) to assess and make decisions about curriculum and instructional strategies.
- Progress monitoring tools will be used with a focus on high leverage standards.
- Assessment training on Mastery Manager, PARCC, and Performance Series.
- Staff members will reflect on and analyze how social emotional behaviors impact student learning.
For more information about District School Improvements, click here.