Athletic Physical Assessment Program
District 203 and Edward Hospital co-sponsor the Athletic Physical Assessment Program.
The program is designed to provide a thorough assessment of potential athletes who are CURRENTLY in grades 6, 7, 9, 10, and 11. Students in those grades are required to submit a physical examination report prior to trying out for a sport. Students trying out for high school poms, cheerleading, and flags also need a sports physical. At the junior high level, poms and cheerleading need the exam. A copy of the report will be given to students as they complete the exam. This assessment does not meet the 6th or 9th grade physical exam requirement, however the school physical required at these grades does meet the sports physical requirement.
Edward Medical Group Facilities at:
1220 Hobson Rd. #104 (one block east of Naper Blvd.)
2007 95th St. #112 (95th and Book Rd.)
Dates and Times
Thursday, May 10, 2011 (Hobson Rd. location) 5:30-8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011 (Hobson Rd. location) 5:30-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 (Hobson Rd. location) 5:30-8:00 p.m.
Saturday, June 4, 2011 (95th St. location) 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Students or the parent/guardian of a student who would like to participate should call Edward Hospital Class Registration (630) 527-6363 to schedule an appointment for the physical. Payment must be made at this time.
- The fees are $30 per student, $25/each additional student (in the same family). Refunds will be issued, less a $5 processing fee, with 3 business days' notice.
- There will be no registration at school. The student will be given an appointment date and time, and you will be mailed an assessment form and confirmation letter.
- The students will not be examined if the health history and parental permission are not completed on the assessment form.
- Absolutely NO camp, scout or other non-District forms will be completed. There will be no exceptions.
- Appointments can be made now and should be made by May 6, 2011.
For questions regarding the physicals, please call School Health Services at (630) 420-6540. For questions regarding registration, please call Edward Hospital at (630) 527-6363.
On the day of the appointment, the student should:
- Wear gym clothing or shorts. No jeans, please.
- Bring the assessment form with the health history completed and signed by parent/guardian.
- Students should bring/wear corrective eyewear for the vision screening.
- Students may also see their primary care physician for a sport physical.
- It is not mandatory that students attend this particular clinic.
- Sports physicals do not take the place of the complete physical required for attendance in 6th and 9th grades.
- Sports physicals are valid for exactly one year from the date that they are completed – this does not necessarily correspond with the start and finish of the school year.
- The form used at the Edward/District 203 program is not the only form that is acceptable for a sport physical. Your private physician/clinic may provide you with another form after completing a sport physical.