District 203 Calendars
Please check this site's Calendar of Events for the most complete listing of District-wide events throughout the year. This calendar is sortable by type of event - simply choose your category of interest from the dropdown menu at the upper right. Click on any event name to see details. The entire month or details about one event can easily be printed by clicking the "Print This Page" link in any window.
Each school also has their own separate, sortable Calendar of Events on their website. See the Links to Schools page for a listing of schools and links to their sites.
This year's 2012-2013 School Year Calendar is also provided as a one-page listing of District 203 important dates.
The Board of Education approved the 2013-2014 School Year Calendar (en español) on Monday, October 15, 2012. Highlights of the approved calendar include:
It is important to note that Public Act 97-0742, effective June 30, 2013, removes the provision that allows days of attendance to be less than five clock hours on the opening and closing days of the school term. This means that the last day of school will not be the typical shorter day the District has scheduled in recent years.
- The first day of student attendance moves from August 14, the second Wednesday of August, to one week later on Wednesday, August 21, 2013.
- Monday, October 14, 2013, (Columbus Day) would be an attendance day. Being in school on this day moves one day of student attendance from the second semester to the first semester, which helps balance the days in the semesters.
- First semester final examinations will be December 18, 19, and 20, 2013, ending the first semester before the winter vacation.
- Last day of student attendance, without any emergency days, would be Friday, May 30, 2014. This moves the last day of attendance from a Monday to a Friday, which was a move recommended by the community feedback in May.
- Semester balance:
- First semester will have 82 full days of attendance.
- Second semester will have 89 full days of attendance. Taking into account the two lost days of instruction for the administration of the PSAE, there will be 87 full days of instruction.
- The second semester includes 3 half days of instruction. Adjusting the 3 half days to the equivalent of 1.5 full days, there will be 88.5 days of instruction in the second semester.
- The difference is 6.5 days, which both high schools believe is acceptable.
Prior to development of this calendar, stakeholder input was gathered via a calendar survey of parents, high school students and staff conducted in early April, 2012. The District Calendar Survey Executive Summary discusses survey findings. A School Calendar Comparison Chart compares three years of school calendar attendance days.
Elementary schools use the Elementary Specials Color Calendar 2012-2013 to determine when students attend "Specials" classes. Please note that individual schools reserve the right to alter this schedule due to unforeseen circumstances. If your elementary school uses its own particular specials color calendar, please find it on that school’s website. Links to school sites may be found on the Links to Schools page.
Click here for the Elementary Specials Color Calendar 2013-2014.
Please check the District site Calendar of Events and individual school sites' calendars for the most up-to-date information.